To view January's Cafeteria Menu please click on the image below or click here.
There will be a pool monitor on duty on these days during vacation:
From 13:00 - 18:00
Monday = Bloomer = tel: 97124-8177
Thursday = Jenn. Neptune tel: 99698-5281
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays do not have assigned monitors.
18/12 Cally Magalhaes tel: 99935-2828
23/12 Cally Magalhaes
30/12 Cally Magalhaes
02/01 Cally Magalhaes
06/01 Cally Magalhaes
Once School Starts
On regular school days, the pool will be open on these days provided there is a monitor on duty:
2nd semester pool monitors
Monday – 15:30 - 17:00 - Fernanda Rugg
Tuesday – 15:30 - 17:00 - Lilian Thomé Pedrozo
Wednesday – 15:30 - 17:00 - Callie Magalhães
Thursday – 15:30 - 17:00 - Jennifer Neptune
PACA POOL INFORMATION for Monitors 2013-14
The PACA pool is open from December to late March or early April each year. On school days, the pool hours are from 3:30 to 5:00. On Saturdays, the pool remains open from 11:00 to 5:00. The pool will only be opened if adult lifeguard are available for duty. The pool coordinators wish to recruit parents, teachers, and others responsible adults to work one shift per week. For example, a parent may volunteer to work on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:00. Another parent may wish to work every Saturday during one of the three shifts for that day, 11:00 to 1:00, 1:00 to 3:00, or 3:00 to 5:00. This year we have no substitute’s list. PACA teachers & staff may use pool 5:15pm – 8:00pm. – Never alone!
1. Upon arrival, the lifeguard gets the lifeguard box from the guard house at the front gate. Unlock the gate at the pool. The combination for the lock will be provided by the pool coordinators. (Lid of box )
2. Turn on the water for the slide.(Slide for Elementary students only or to 10yrs old)
3. Make sure all swimmers take a complete shower before entering the pool. ( 2 places)
4. Have each swimmer sign his name and his guest’s name in the notebook before entering the pool. Each PACA student may bring ( “ about” ) only one guest. ( Group – need authorization first )
5. Slide is for Elementary kids only or kids up to 10 years old. Only one person at a time is allowed on the slide. No one is allowed to slide on the knees, when using slide.
6. Only modest one - piece swimsuits are allowed. Boys may not use boxers.
7. No food, drinks, gum, street clothes or shoes are allowed on the deck.
8. No running, pushing, or drinking is allowed.
9. The lifeguard has full charge of the pool during his time on duty. Disrespect to the lifeguard will not be tolerated. Anyone who misbehaves should receive a warning and should stay out of the pool for a few minutes. If that person continues to misbehave, politely ask him to leave the pool for that day. ( Weather – up to you ! )
10. The lifeguard has the privilege of bringing guests to swim for free whenever the lifeguard is on duty. When the lifeguard leaves, the visitors must leave as well.
11. The lifeguard should sit where the entire pool can be clearly seen. Carefully watch the deep end of the pool.
12. At the end of the day, turn off the water to the slide, lock the gate, and take the box to the guard house at PACA’s front gate.
13. In case of emergency, call 193.
14. If you can’t be on duty, please call Eduardo Sylvestre (Pool Coordinator), home phone: 2738-5267 or Cel phone: 11-97693-6969 Please monitor closely, walking around occasionally. Reading a book is not permissible when the pool is crowded. If pool is crowded, pleas ask other parents to help supervise, this is a community effort!!
15. Slide - One child on slide at a time(sitting and on stomach). No sliding on knees or back.
16. Diving – No headfirst diving in any part of the shallow end.
Running starts(3 steps ) allowed only at far end of deep end not allowed when pool is full.